Sunday 25 March 2018

cuttingChai Vs cuttingpani

The word cuttingchai reminds me of good old college days when we friends used to share a single cup of tea by splitting it between 2 or 3 friends. The idea used to be to conserve money. The concept of #cuttingpani is similar and takes the thought one step forward. Here one is inspired to pour only that much water in a glass as one desires to drink.

Drinking water is precious and a scarce commodity. It takes a lot of effort to purify water and make it fit for drinking. It is a long process that involves a lot of processing which in turn needs money and time.



Considering the fact that drinking water is a scarce commodity we cannot shrug our responsibility towards preserving it and stopping its wastage.

Ever time we leave drinking water in a glass it invariably ends up in the drain. This is a wastage that can be avoided.
If I were to say that we need to pour only that much water that we need to drink into a glass it would be the right thing to do however by following it I am keeping the good practice limited to myself
I would very much like to spread the word around so this is what I do
When ever we have guests and visitors at our place
I keep a placard on the water table with the message water is precious do not waste it.



When I serve water I pour only quarter glass at a time I do not mind refilling it any number of times as long as the total amount of water in the glass is consumed. I make it a point to tell the visitors that I am doing this to conserve drinking water. I want the visitors to take this learning and experience with them and spread the word further.


When I go outside my house I carry a small bottle of home purified drinking water. This way I can avoid wastage of drinking water. Plus it also ensures that I am drinking only pure water.


 
I have started recycling the water. What ever drinking water is left I do not let it go to the drain I use it to quench the thirst of my pet. I always keep an earthen pot filled with drinking water for the birds. I use the leftover water to fill this pot.

Some of it is used to mop the floors.

The drinking water that we use to wash the fruits and vegetables is reused to water the plants

I encourage everyone and also advocate conservation of water at every possible step.



I would also encourage my readers to join the #CuttingPani Initiative by Livpure to save water

Let us all sign the pledge to save water by taking a pledge https://www.change.org/p/cuttingpaani


No comments:

Post a Comment