Sunday 15 November 2015

The Man who made me see my goals

My father has been an academician by profession who takes prides in the fact that his students have made a name for themselves. Some of them have become doctors and others lawyers. Despite the academic influence I was more of a back bencher as per my fathers standards. More inclined towards sports and whiling away my time in the stadium is what I did .This is the description that my father would have used to describe me if anyone asked what I did. Perhaps he was so embarrassed and ashamed of me that he sent me off to live and work with my maternal uncle after I completed my schooling. Here I the black sheep of the family was packed off to another city with an uncertain future ahead of me. My maternal uncle was a strict person. A lawyer by profession he had great value of time. He had a timetable for everything.From getting up to sleeping everything was governed by the clock.
He made a strict time table for me and made me follow it. I was made to get up early in the morning,go for a walk and then do yoga with him. He taught me how to do the pranayama and other breathing exercises. All this yoga and discipline helped me gain new confidence and my concentration span increased. My memory increased with all the challenges he threw at me from completing a series of mathematical puzzles to reading the newspaper. In a months time he got me enrolled into a degree college. With the disciplined lifestyle that he had got me into I became fitter and mentally more alert. Now I was  doing good in academics as well as in sports. My maternal uncle proved to be truly #madeofgreat who taught me how to squeeze more out of a 24 hour day. He was simple yet efficient. He had high dreams for me. For the first time in my life I was in the company of a person who believed in my ability to excel and do well. He would often tell me that its important to give 100% to whatever you do. He believed that I could pass my college studies with good marks as well as pursue my passion for sports. I never believed that I had these abilities. But he helped me achieve both as well as a focus in life. In his personal life too he achieved many a milestones as he became an activist who fought for the underprivileged and the downtrodden. In his life he only fought cases where his client was on the right side of law .He used to turn down cases when he felt that he would have to fight a case that would cause him to fight against the truth. This man was #madeofgreat who believed in simple living and high thinking. It is the effect of his guidance and molding my life and career that after graduation I got admitted to a course in management and graduated with flying colors and today hold a MBA degree. Had it not been for my uncle I would have perhaps wasted my life that lacked focus inspiration and guidance. My uncle turned out to be the catalyst the helped me achieve so much in life that today my father so proudly introduces me as his son. This is an achievement that means so much more then any other degree or qualification and I am and shall always be indebted to my maternal uncle for doing all this for me.




Here is an opportunity for the readers of this post to with Rs750/- Amazon voucher by answering to this simple question as a post with your email below
“What do you think of TataMotors association with Lionel Messi?”

9 comments:

  1. Discipline is the key to success is the Mantra every achiever has followed in his/her life , although difficult to implement but always shows great result and it's great to know that your uncle handholded you on to the right path through right means and this will surely help you achieve much more in upcoming phases of life .

    Messi and Tata are Brands which receipts similar stories where dreams come true with hardwork , discipline and inspire millions to take this path . This association seems a good fit for both , with TATA gets global recognition and Messi has now millions of new fans from INDIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post describes #madeofgreat so well that it has winner written all over it. Good luck for your entry.
    Here is my answer.
    Like minds think and act alike looking at the track record of TATA Motors it has stood the test of time and built a business that was built using bricks of hard work on a foundation of trust. Authenticity, reliability, simplicity, as well as its commitment to innovation are the trademarks of brand TATA Motors. These same qualities are present in Lionel Messi who with his immense talent has made a mark for himself on the international football field .Facing all hardships he has worked hard toiling on the fields and in training sessions facing injuries and pressure to come out trumps and be a winner. Thus these two greats Lionel Messi and TATA Motors are made for each other .There association is a bond of two legends
    In case you pick me a winner my email id is : princess09hema@gmail.com
    Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post defines #madeofgreat to the hilt.Very well written and interesting post indeed.
    My Answer
    Tata Motors is a brand that makes durable vehicles, with its MADE IN INDIA mark makes every Indian proud. It is a brand seen globally as Trusted, Reliable, Innovative and at the forefront of technology. In its journey since
    inception it has overcome all odds, competition, and adversities with grit and determination. These same qualities are associated with Lionel Messi who was very talented and hardworking from a very early age. With each game that
    he played he kept improving his skills and built a career to become one of the best player of professional football. There qualities make both TATA Motors and Lionel Messi giants who perfectly compliment each other and Lionel Messi the right and perfect Ambassador who stands for the same values that TATA Motors does.
    Contact : bhuwan198grover@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post defines #madeofgreat to the hilt. Goodluck for the contest
    My answer is:
    Authenticity, reliability, simplicity, as well as its commitment to innovation are the pillars of strength on which TATA have built a brand that has put India on the global map. It is a brand that has stood the test of time just like Lionel Messi who tackles opposition on the field with his skill,agility,strategy,brilliance and raw power to reach and score a goal so has been the track record of TATA motors who has become a brand leader and a global giant. These qualities make TATA Motors and Lionel Messi perfect partners who stand for the same set of values thus Lionel Messi is the perfect brand ambassador to represent TATA Motors.
    Hope my best to be a winner here; do contact me for the prize at mahima2014j@gmail.com
    fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed a nicely written post. I wish you good luck for the contest
    Here is my answer
    The association of Tata Motors with Lionel Messi is that of two greats. Lionel Messi has been exceptionally talented who with his hard work, determination and sacrifices has got better and tougher in his chosen sport so is the Image, reputation and quality of TATA Motors that have transformed brilliant ideas into masterpieces of engineering and created a brand and products that we are so proud of as Indians. Lionel Messi has transformed his body and the mind body co-ordination into a masterpiece of precision and excellence it would not be wrong to say that Lionel Messi is the TATA Motors of sports where as TATA Motors is the Lionel Messi of vehicles both giants in their own spheres driven by the drive to excel and lead by example. So Lionel Messi is the best choice for becoming the brand Ambassador for TATA Motors
    aaloke19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to read something so heartfelt, all the best :)

    When it comes to impact and impacting millions of lives, Yes, we can see both Tata Motors and Lionel Messi being the pioneers here. While the very name Tata is enough to make us go back to all our history books where we have seen there hardly is a comparable name that has contributed so much to the society in such an ethical manner, the very name Messi conjures up images of a boy-man who has turned the world upside down with his talent, determination, discipline and never-give-up spirit. The compatibility between the values they both share is intense and that is the reason this partnership works perfectly.

    With a concern for the society at large,everything that Tata has done has inspired us to dream big, conquer the world and pour all our energy back into the society to do good and inspire good. By facing his demons, Messi has done the same. He enjoys a God-like status in the world today because he dared to dream, achieved the sky and still hasn't lost his humanity a bit. He is still a child at heart and he gives back with his multiple philanthropic activities just like Tata does!

    Talk to any person in India, ask them about the companies they admire the most. Tata is right there at the top. This name is beyond bottomline, spreadsheets, return on investment and share price. It is equivalent to soul of India-soft, kind, diverse, dynamic, eternal. Just like that Messi has emerged as not just another football player but someone whose very life is an inspiration, whose personal struggles are a template for others to emulate and who has morphed into an eternal legend.

    While it would take eons to write about what makes Tata Motors and Messi great, as their list of achievements is too long for us to even skim over, suffice to say that this partnership is for the ages. As they say, some things are made in heaven :)

    Thank you for this opportunity.
    -Richa Shailendra, lovelyricha1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Inspiration is the first word I think of when I am thinking of both Tata Motors (and Tata in general) and Lionel Messi. The story of how they both turned out to be legends is nothing short of a magical tale woven by someone as skilled as J K Rowling herself. While Tata stands for quality, promise (fulfilled), unmatched contribution to society and philanthropy that propels the society forward, Messi's life is an inspiration just the way he has managed to overcome his health problems and used his family's poor financial status as an impetus to conquer every obstacle, fulfill all his dreams and encourage many underprivileged people to fulfill theirs too with his philanthropy!

    I can see that the values and principles that inspire Tata Motors and Messi are spectacularly similar. It is not just that they are successful, it is how they reached there only with hard work and vision and yet managed to retain down-to-earth grounding plus humility, something many so called 'legends' lack! It is not just that they are symbols of prosperity and dreaming high, it is how they have a soul that gives them an aura of invincibility and a reason to the rest of us to try and achieve the same heights,without any compromises on our ethics or principles. No wonder I can only hear positive things about this partnership everywhere. It is just the kind of news we want to wake up to. Everything is fine when these two legacies come together or as someone said, 'All Is Well' :)

    I hope you like this comment! Fingers crossed :) My email id is 11anu.agarwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete