Friday 10 April 2015

The healing touch of the power of together

Being  #together with people who care and love you can help you overcome the biggest obstacles in one’s life and fill you with hope & optimism. It also help’s  you to reach closer   to you goals and life becomes that much more brighter and cheerful  thanks to the magic of being #together. I discovered this when I was going through a rough patch in my life…
I was a good student in school and my parents wanted that I study hard and make a good career for myself so they sent me to stay with my uncle who lived in a bigger city so that I may concentrate on my studies. However I was not able to initially adjust to the new environment .As a result my grades dropped and I scored low marks in the mid term exams. My parents scolded me as they thought that I had fallen into bad company and was not studying enough. They got me admitted to another school in the midterm itself and this time got me admitted to the hostel. This seemed a punishment to me and I felt very bad. I sulked and cried yet could do nothing. I began to study hard. However this new school had a very different curriculum.  As a result I fell ill. My exams were close by so I could not get a leave. I was confined to my hostel room. As I had chickenpox I was quarantined and was in no contact with other students. I used to spend the entire day confined to my bed and my room. I missed my home and my parents badly and started feeling very low. I was advised complete rest and could not even study. I was feeling very depressed lying on my hostel bed. Suddenly there was a knock at the door . Upon opening the door I found my parents standing there. They took a room in a guesthouse and moved me there to stay with them. My mother showered her love on me and cooked all my favorite dishes. As I was very weak she would feed me at short intervals. As my papers were a short time away I was very concerned and apprehensive about my future. Hearing my concern my father took upon himself the responsibility of reading out my study notes aloud so  that I could remember and understand the answers. He also read my text books and explained to me all the subjects with a lot of love and understanding. Despite being a very strict and somewhat short tempered person my father came across as a very loving and caring father. I at times felt that I was living a dream and could not believe my eyes but  indeed all that was true and I was being fed on a diet of love,hope and optimism that made me grow stronger day by day and I discovered a new me who was now so much hopeful about the future.Now I understood that all along my parents had been very caring and concerned about my future. With such loving, care and with so much inspirational talk of my parents I was enthused and filled with hope and optimism and I slowly recovered feeling a new zeal and energy running through my veins. The time that I spent #together with my parents was not just full of parental caring but a lesson that taught me to be always hopeful, optimistic and see the positive side of every situation in life

#together

No comments:

Post a Comment