Friday 10 April 2015

Relocating to help my career take off


By the time I passed out of my college my father was just a few years away from his retirement. He had decided to settle down in our home town which was a few kilometers from a big city. It was and still a great place to live as the pace of life is slow and easy going and it’s a great place to unwind and relax. My father wanted that I too should get a job there and stay in the family house that he was getting built and it was getting completed at a fast face. Initially I agreed to this idea and shifted there. I did not have much difficulty in securing a job there. I even supervised the construction work and got the house completed much ahead of the scheduled time.Once all the construction activities were completed I found that I had nothing much to do. The office life was also monotonous and boring. The same daily routine was very depressing. Even my job did not give me much opportunity to grow or showcase my talent. It was a dull 9 to 5 job in the municipal office. The entire day I used to be surrounded by racks full of old files covered with dust and molds. The only change in my room used to be the new cobwebs that the little spiders would knit overnight. I was beginning to feel that there is no purpose left in my life. Than one day I saw an advertisement of a job in an advertising agency.The job profile appeared interesting to me and I found the prospects of working in an advertising agency quite exciting. Without thinking much I applied for the job. I appeared for the interview and got selected. However my job posting was to be in a big metro city. This news made my heart break as doing this job would mean that I would  have to go against the wishes of my father to fulfill my ambitions. This inner conflict made me irritable and gloomy. On a weekend when my parents visited me they asked me why I was looking so glum. I told them that I wanted to take up a new job but this would require me to relocate to a new city and #StartANewLife
I found my parents to be very supportive and they gave me the freedom to choose  my career path. So I decided to join my new job in another city and this opportunity came to me as a blessing in disguise. I did quite well for my self in this new job and got good incentives and promotions. With the extra money I purchased a flat for myself. The good part is that post my father’s retirement even my parents have relocated to this new city and have started living with me.As for our home that we got built we still visit it and stay there whenever I can manage a leave from my office. This way I am able to balance a fast paced career path and also unwind in a relaxed environment.
https://housing.com/.  #StartANewLife


No comments:

Post a Comment